Wellesley Youth Football Coaches for 2/3 and 4th-grade teams
Purpose: To provide a fun and safe sporting experience for players while they learn individual and team game skills, sportsmanship, and fair play.
- Coach players emphasizing skill development, safety, fair play, sportsmanship, and fun.
- Supervise and communicate team activities including all scheduled team practices and games
- Work to establish and improve team unity and spirit.
- Adhere to WYF policies, objectives, and rules. Lead by example among team parents to support the responsibilities of the referee and Baystate League.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Mandatory Background Check
- Coaches Certifications: Coordinated by WYF Admin. (below are subject to change for 2022 season)
- For FIRST time WYF Coaches - Human Kinetics Coaching Youth Football: The AYF way
- For RETURNING WYF Coaches - Human Kinetics AYC/AYC Recertification Course: Sportsmanship and Safety
- Concussion Training
- COVID-19 for Coaches and Administrator
- CPR/First Aid Training
Time Commitment: Generally, all that is required is ten hours per week – for practice and games. Beginning in August practices are held Monday thru Thursday in the evening prior to school starting and Tuesday thru Thursday after school begins between 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. *Practice days and times vary by team based on coach availability and field access**
However, there are trainings, clinics, and monthly WYF Board of Director meetings that you may also be asked to attend.
Location: Practices are held at Hunnewell Multi-Purpose Field - Rt 16 between tennis courts & Reidy Field/Whole Foods. Home games are played at the Wellesley High School Stadium Field - 50 Rice Street and away game locations vary